9.09.2010

the many stages of ashley's hand

well, well, well. the day finally came! yesterday at approximately 4:15 i got my stitches out :)
lets take a walk down the beautiful memory lane...
these past two weeks have been great.
not.
oh look, here is my hand just minutes after the accident. bloody, numb, tingling. great times.

then i got my 15 stitches. it was pretty exciting for the first couple of days... until i realized how much i missed the sweet feeling of washing my hands, brushing my hair, writing with a pen or pencil, showering with both hands, wiping as i go to the bathroom, unscrewing water-bottles, sleeping without car accident nightmares, brushing my teeth, washing my face, opening a door, closing a ziplock bag..... need i go on? any normal task had suddenly turned into a problem haha.

15 stitches. 12 on the surface, 3 dissolvable ones down deep.
freaking gross.


note the excessive bruising... super attractive. my new hobby is tracing my large hand, and then tracing my small hand inside of it to see the difference.

HOORAY!!! stitches are gone. i was literally bouncing with excitement the whole way to the hospital.
so happy.
its so great. but i do have some points of concern...
1. my nerves might take MONTHS to grow back. suck. i can't even make a fist haha. but its getting a lot better.
2. its been nice having a legitimate excuse to not go to the gym. but now i can only use that for two more weeks :( the doctor said i can't put a lot of weight on it or else it could split back open again (even if i hit my hand on a wall really hard haha... not sure why i would in the first place?).
3. i wanted a really cool scar... but... i'm thinking now that it will just blend in with all the lines on my palm haha. oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment