10.21.2013

Remember Me?

Today marked day 5 of my fall break. I forgot how good it feels to sleep in, lounge around, and communicate with family and friends! Don't get me wrong, teaching is great! But holy crap it's life-consuming. I am excited to have three weeks off so I can catch up on my life. I have a lengthy to-do list, but a lot of the items revolve around me relaxing :) Here are some snippets from my life during past two months: 
 So much support from day one. Thanks, friends. 
My new get-up. 
 Being sick the first week of school was the worst.  I think my body is slowly adjusting to the whole "constantly being around 25 other people at the same time" thing
 Grumpy cat. 
 Class on class on class. So bored. 
 A portrait from a student :) 
My favorite time of year: pumpkin recipe season!
 Who has time for that? 
 I almost had an anxiety attack when I left my students for half a day. I had to go to a class, so I left my kids with a sub for the first time. It was horrible. I missed them and worried about them the whole time. My team laughed at me for laying everything out like this before I left.  
 My proudest accomplishment is my clean desk. 
Sometimes I eat with the little people. 
Maybe one day I won't be the last person to leave the school. Maybe.
I survived my first glitter project.
I'm surprised the custodian doesn't hate me.

And that's my life in photo-dump form.
Here's my view for the next three weeks:
Movies, grading, and cleaning!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back, I missed my cyber-ash. I love my name spelling, haha! "i, before e, except after c." Glad you're having fun mixed into the crazy! Enjoy your break :) Scotty, this girl needs a mani-pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break. So glad to see a post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Enjoy your much deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley Barnes Marx! I miss you. Let me know if I can provide you with a break! I'm really good at grading papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, Momma Dew wants you to come over for dinner. She must miss you as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete