full of surprises.
you know how i am with lists.
1. wake up- SURPRISE!! moving day! this is real! really happening right now!
2. volvo- SURPRISE!!! tank full of gas!! (thanks dad)
3. say bye to family - SURPRISE!!! i bawled my eyes out. wait... that wasnt a surprise.
4. say bye to scotty- SURPRISE! only took like 10 minutes. i thought i'd be there all day but we couldn't take it any more.
5. waiting 2.5 hours to get to cedar city for cafe rio- SURPRISE!!! miss the exit. crap.
6. had to pee since st george and was waiting until cedar- SURPRISE! missing the exit was a double wammy. i wasn't about to turn around.
7. make it to beaver - SURPRISE!- and made it to a toilet in time! (major surprise)
8. downloaded 2 new cd's for the trip- SURPRISE! they were awesome. more info on that later.
9. get off the university ave exit- SURPRISE! i forgot all the streets/directions to everything! including my new apartment. that was fun.
10. look at thermostat in car- SURPRISE! it's only 95 degrees here! did i bring a sweater?
11. park car & stand up- SURPRISE! i couldn't move because i had to pee so bad! let your imagination finish the story.
12. haul crap to apartment- SURPRISE! no one is there and i dont know the key code. (moment of anxiety)
13. standing on the doorstep not knowing what to do- SURPRISE! alyssa walks up the stairs. perfect timing!
14. unpacking- SURPRISE!!!!!!!! ALL OF MY CLOTHES FIT IN THE CLOSET!
i even provided proof for your unbelieving eyes.
(i wouldnt believe it either)
i know. i know.
i almost got teary eyed. this is one of the most beautiful things that has ever happened to me. i have that line for hangers, a space above it, a dresser below it, and my four rubbermaid container things under my bed.
15. my four rubbermaid container things under my bed- SURPRISE! all four fit. amazing. miraculous. all i'm gathering from today's events is that i am meant to be here.
16. carrying boxes from car to the apartment- SURPRISE!! out of no where a fleet of 3 boys offered their services to carry the boxes for us. i forgot people are nice here!! (dont worry scotty, you know i was waving that left hand all around in their faces)
17. getting ready to make my bed- SURPRISE! forgot sheets. hmm.
18. i thought i would be tight with space with 5 other roommates... especially in the bathroom -SURPRISE! perfect set up. i have my own towel rack, my own shelf above the toilet, my own drawer under the sink, AND a little mini shelf between the mirrors. holler.
19. take a break from unpacking to check twitter- SURPRISE!!! jimmer is engaged. can't wait for this to be the talk of the whole school next week... not.
20. two weeks ago i planned on crying all the way to provo, getting to the apartment and sobbing on my bed until november - SURPRISE! i am weirdly excited to be here. im fine. im happy. yes, this might change in a few days. but as of right now... this is fun!
i'll keep you posted