7.15.2011

HP7P2

i literally just got back from harry potter 7 part 2.
i am still giddy.
you may or may not remember that i happen to be a loyal harry potter fan.
it seems like just yesterday i was all hyped up about part 1... and now it's all over.
it's all over.
EW! those words are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

in attempt to overcome the sadness i feel when thinking about the harry potter series being over, let us go through my thoughts about the final movie.

1. i forgot how much i LOVE professor mcgonagall. she was outstanding!
2. hermione and ron's kiss after destroying the cup was definitely a favorite moment (and right before that, when ron opens the door "harry talks in his sleep" ...haha)
3. almost started to like malfoy... until he crossed the line when voldemort said "come join me" .... punk. wish he died instead of fred.
4. remember when harry, ron, and hermione were in the room of requirement and malfoy's stupid little friends set the room on fire? was anyone else thinking of aladdin escaping from the cave of wonders!? oh my gosh it was all i could think about haha. essentially it was the same exact scene except harry was on a broom and aladdin was on a carpet.
5. snape made me cry. snape's love for lilly made me cry, too.
6. i miss the old dumbledore.
7. i thought the last little bit (19 years later) was precious. to be honest, i completely forgot about that whole chapter being in the book until after the movie was over haha. then it all came back to me. harry's son was adorable.
8. i hope 10+ years from now nobody tries to make some stupid sequel about the kids. i'll die. you can't add on to these 8 movies. (does number 7 count as two movies?) you just can't.
9. neville longbottom = champ
10. all in all, i'd just wrap it up with the word "amazing"... my jaw dropped, my eyes watered, my heart pounded, and my eyes were glued. very well done.

i dont know what to do with myself now. no more midnight parties to buy a new harry potter book, no more racing with friends to read the book in a matter of days, no more fighting with mitchell to take turns reading, and no more midnight premiers drawing a lightning bolt on my forehead. it's been a bittersweet night for the potter fans.

1 comment:

  1. um, I love you. I agree with all of this, except for forgetting 19 years later. I totally remembered that. I'm going to die. I love your thoughts on Aladdin...quite entertaining. AND I MISS HARRY POTTER!! I just finished listening to number 7, so now it feels like it's officially over... I'm going to die... I'm pretty sure I've fallen asleep every night thinking I need to empty my mind of all thoughts like occlumancy, then I think of Snape, and then I think of how much I love Snape and the scene in the movie, and then I finally fall asleep. Thinking of Snape. oh boy. Annual Harry Potter parties? I think so.

    ReplyDelete