2.03.2013

mean girls on my mind

i am in the primary presidency in my ward. i love it. i adore the children and i'm sure it's way more fun than sitting in a room full of old ladies :) today i taught a lesson about the creation. it was going really well, which wasn't surprising because i spent a week preparing. i felt like i really knew my stuff. my words were smooth and i was really confident. everything was going just as planned.
i was talking through each of the 6 days of creation, and when i got to the third day something really weird happened. totally unexpected. i said, "on the third day, God created..." but in place of grass, herbs, and trees, all i could think about were dinosaurs and homosexuals.  i didn't know what was happening. i paused and waited for my brain to sort things out. on the third day... uh... uhhh... and i had to look down at my notes. it later occurred to me that my favorite movie of all time, mean girls, had brought this embarrassing mixup upon me. 


HA! i couldn't even believe it. my obsession with mean girls has gotten to the point where i don't even realize i'm quoting it anymore... it's just part of me. it's a way of life. it's the reason i only wear my hair in a ponytail once a week, and the reason i wear pink on wednesdays. i'm a woman possessed. i spend about 80% of my time talking about mean girls, and the other 20% of the time i'm praying someone else will bring it up. 
let's hope my next primary lesson doesn't have any correlation with mean girls. 

4 comments:

  1. omg I'm dying right now. this is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even watched mean girls and this post made me laugh out loud. I love your witty humor!!

    ReplyDelete